Friday, June 6, 2008

IT'S A....BOX!

On April 1st, 2008, Chance Clift, son of Michael and Grace Clift, welcomed a healthy baby (sized) Post Office Box into his world.

The box weighed in at...well, pretty small, barely big enough to fit a couple magazines and pieces of junk mail in. I just basically got sick of changing my address every time I move, which is pretty often. So it's totally worth the couple bucks a month to maintain.

Plus, when people ask for my address now, I get to sound like some kind of badass and rattle this canned line off:

Chance Clift
P.O. Box 403
Provo, UT 84603

With an address like this I sound like I'm either a celebrity or a guy who runs an infomercial. Or a homeless guy that still expects to get mail.

I have been disappointed a couple times already, though, when I've given this address, only to hear the follow-up question: "What is your physical address?"

I don't know how to answer this!

Where do you live? I live by the pool at university villa! Why would I know my exact address if I don't get mail there?

Where do you physically exist? Right here! I'm standing in front of you as you ask me the question!

Where do you get mail? I just told you!

Plus, there's always something to be said about the classic feeling of physically going to the post office, which far outweighs the small inconvenience of taking 10 minutes from your hectic day. It's a pleasant bike ride. But what could I say about that topic that Vonnegut hasn't already said.

So there you have it, my new address. So keep that mail coming. Wedding announcements. Birth announcements (hopefully YOU have more than a box!). My birthday is August 15th (hint, hint). Ah who am I kidding, I'll see you all on facebook.

No comments: